The RSL – Returned & Service League
The RSL evolved as a direct result of the camaraderie, concern and mateship shown by the “Diggers” for the welfare of their mates during and after the 1914 – 1918 War. That ethos of compassion and service remains today the motivating influence of the league. In South Australia, on 8th December 1915, the Returned Soldiers Association was formed during a meeting in the Cheerup Hut.
To continue the mission of the RSL, the Semaphore & Port Adelaide RSL Sub-Branch has established Four Sponsorship packages. Your Sponsorship would be a great way to contribute to the role of the RSL in support of Veterans, Service Personnel and the local community.
Funds raised through our Sponsorship program will go towards:
- Replacing aged plant and equipment, Building maintenance cleaning gutters, painting etc.
- Establishing new displays of Australian Military history
- Assist with the costs of our main commemorative events ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day
- Establish Memorial Plaques around the Semaphore “Angle Of Peace” War Memorial
- Purchasing new office and activity equipment
- Relocating our store room and purchasing a new cool room
- Obtaining and displaying new and current memorabilia
- Establishing a Permanent Museum
ANZAC Day Dawn Service 2014 Semaphore - estimated crowd 10,000
How your Sponsorship Will Make a Difference
Fund raising has always been an important part of the RSL and the Sub-Branch’s. In fact most RSL Sub-Branch’s were built by funds raised from their local communities and businesses, many people giving a little to make a big difference.
Your Sponsorship will ensure that the doors of the Semaphore & Port Adelaide R.S.L. Sub-Branch remain open and we can continue upgrading our facilities, Help Raise Money for the R.S.L. programs, ANZAC Appeal, Poppy Appeal, Heroes 4 Heroes which intern goes towards Supporting Veterans Programs and helping to give assistance to past and present Defence personnel and their families.
R.S.L. Programs Support:
- Commemoration Events
- Veteran Housing and Care
- Essential Support Services
- Advocacy and Guidance
- Medical Assistance
- Medical Research